The Sand Storm Adventure Race is a fun but competitive challenge event that is open to everyone who is old enough and brave enough to enter. We welcome participants of all abilities and will support everyone in completing the course, whatever distance you choose to race!
- Sand Storm – Cadet (8-15yrs) 2-3 km of adventure
- Sand Storm – Trooper (16yrs+) 5-6 km of adventure
- Sand Storm – Trooper Team (16yrs+) 5-6 km of team adventure (3 max per team)
- Sand Storm – Cadet (8-15yrs) Early Bird £9.50* Standard Entry £12.50
- Sand Storm – Trooper (16yrs+) Early Bird £35.00* Standard Entry £40.00
- Sand Storm – Trooper Team (16yrs+) Early Bird £90.00* Standard Entry £105.00
Important Entry Information:
- *Early Bird rate expires midnight 30th June 2017.
- Online entry closes at midnight on Wednesday 11 october. After this time manual entries may be accepted. Please contact the organisers to confirm a late manual entry.
- Trooper Team x 3: The team completes the entire course together and must cross the finish line together.
- All Age Eligibility is on the day of the race – 14 October 2017.
- Final course and distance is subject to shape of the quarry in the build up to the event.
- No refunds are given for non attendance of the event, however entries may be deferred to the 2018 race with good notice and for genuine injury reasons.
- Trophies will be awarded for each race category.
- Souvenir cotton t-shirts will be presented to all entries.
- Bespoke medals will be presented to all finishers.
- Every competitor must wear closed toe shoes during the race (old trainers are perfect).
- We also recommend wearing gloves.
- We recommend all competitors wear wet winter running gear.
Race Waiver and Parental Consent
The race will challenge everyone who signs up. Racers will have to carry heavy weights over a long distance, tread through water and tackle steep terrain. Every competitor must sign and hand in their Sand Storm Waiver 2017 before they will be allowed to race.
You must be 16 and over to challenge the Trooper 5-6km course. Under 18 must have a parental consent form completed and handed in before they can race. Please click the following link to download the Sand Storm Junior Parental Consent Agreement. The Junior ‘Cadet’ course is designed for ages 8-15 and will require parental consent. Please download, sign and hand in the Sand Storm Junior Parental Consent Agreement to the organisers before your child can race.
A single water station will be placed on the route. Qualified medical staff will be on stand by to give assistant if needed.